Identifying Your Existing Guttering
Here at Mr Plastic we are experts in recognising styles of gutter so as you can expect we get asked "what type of gutter this is?" quite a lot.
Now while we are experts it is not always easy to identify the style of gutter with just a photo. Below are a few key points that can assist us in recognising what brand and style of gutter you have:
- All gutter manufacturers in UK and most international companies will have their logo printed on the fittings. This can sometimes be inside the fitting or under a part of the fitting for example within the threaded area of a threaded coupling. The first thing to do when trying to work out what brand you have is to look at a gutter or downpipe fitting from your system and search for a logo.
- Here is a list of logos of some of the most popular brands of guttering available today
- In some cases only part of the logos above are used.
- Some older brands of gutter systems may not have a logo but will have a name on the fittings. These include Hepworth, Terrain, Key Terrain, Marshall Tufflex, Rymway, Ariel and Bartol. While these brands have all been changed or been discontinued, some are still compatible with current systems. We even have some fittings from older systems left in stock. Please email us if you have any of these older systems and we can tell you whether any current systems can be used with it and we will check our discontinued stock for you.
- Once you have the brand of gutter, you can then work out whether it is still made, and whether there are fittings that will fit your system. If your gutter is still available it is likely we can source parts for you. We stock over 20 different ranges of gutter systems at all times.
- All gutter and downpipe fittings will also have an item code written on them. These normally will contain both letters and numbers. Here is a list of popular gutter system codes:
- Brett Martin codes begin with: BR
- Freeflow codes begin with: FRR, FDF, FOG or FRS
- Osma codes begin with: 0T, 5T, 4T, 8T, 7T or 9T
- Polypipe codes begin with: RR, RS, RM, RD, ROG, RH or RL
- In any case, check for a logo to be sure.
- These codes are probably the most important thing for us to be able to identify the style of gutter you have. If you are unable to work out what gutter system you have simply send us a few photos or pop in to one of our stores with a fitting and we will help you.
- It is always recommended for the best possible results that when replacing existing leaky gutter fitting, the same brand is used wherever possible. We have however added useful Gutter Compatibility Charts to help choose which guttering on our website will fit your existing gutters.